*Former title of the programme is “Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Corporate Governance”
What is Corporate Governance?
Corporate Governance refers to the system by which companies are directed and controlled. Since the outburst of the global financial crisis and financial reporting scandals, the significance of corporate governance has received increasing attention from the public, the professions and governments. The responsibility of corporate governance rests with the company’s board of directors and corporate officers. Through providing guidance to the board on various corporate governance issues, corporate governance professionals play important roles in guiding, administering and reviewing the board’s performance to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
The Programme aims at providing students with necessary knowledge in corporate governance so that graduates are capable of performing the advisory role to the board on corporate governance issues, and are prepared for their career development as corporate governance professionals.
Upon completion of the Programme, graduates would develop an understanding of the laws and regulations in corporate governance and recognise best practices for the purpose of regulatory compliance. They would be able to integrate and apply knowledge of good corporate governance practices and help to execute a regulatory system in support of board functions. Also, it is expected that they can identify the roles and responsibilities of corporate officers and perform with a sense of ethicality and professionalism.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
- address professional and personal challenges through the application of inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary knowledge acquired;
- possess effective communication ability in a business environment, work as a team player to integrate effectively the skills and knowledge developed, and be able to manage independent lifelong learning;
- evaluate own contributions and responsibilities in becoming responsible employees, business leaders and business partners;
- possess broad horizons and be inquisitive about various global issues and developments such as politics, cultures, social sciences and technologies;
- demonstrate an understanding of the laws and regulations in corporate governance as well as international best practices for the purpose of regulatory compliance;
- integrate, research and apply knowledge of good corporate governance practices and implement a regulatory compliance system in support of board functions; and
- identify the roles and responsibilities of corporate officers and perform with a sense of ethicality and professionalism.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Corporate Governance and Compliance is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF).
QF Level: 5 | QR Registration No.: 19/000677/L5 | Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2019 to 31/08/2026
Area of Study (QR)
|Primary Area of Study and Training:
|A03 Business and Management
|Sub-area (Primary Area of Study and Training):
|A0301 Accounting, Finance and Investment