The Global Business Management (GBM) programme aims to develop and foster students’ knowledge, skills and abilities for jobs in multinational corporations (MNCs) or global business organizations. Through a stimulating curriculum with practical overseas exposure and experiences, students can build the desired global leader attributes such as business insights, analytical mind, and international experience.
- Overseas Exchange Study: HSUHK partners with more than 60 prestigious institutions worldwide for GBM students to conduct overseas exchange study
- Advisory System: The programme offers timely academic and professional advice on curriculum attainment and career preparation for students.
- Interdisciplinary Curriculum: Students will study GBM core and elective courses from a multitude of disciplines such as Management, Finance, Marketing, Data Science, Political Economy, Cultural Studies and International Relations.
- Develop students' creativity, critical thinking, analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Cultivate students' communication, interpersonal, leadership, independent learning and other transferable skills.
- Instill in students a strong sense of social responsibility and high commitment to business ethics.
- Enhance students' global awareness and local sensitivity.
- Equip students with cutting edge theories and concepts in global business management.
- Develop students’ critical and reflective understanding of business and its relationship in the wider global business environment.
- Address professional and personal challenges through application of the inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary knowledge acquired.
- Possess effective communication ability in a business environment, work as a team player to integrate effectively the skills and knowledge acquired, and be able to manage independent lifelong learning.
- Evaluate own contributions and responsibilities in becoming responsible employees, business leaders and business partners.
- Possess broad horizons and be inquisitive about various global issues and developments such as politics, cultures, social sciences and technologies.
- Experience different cultures in an international context.
- Analyse and solve problems in a global business context
- Form 6 graduates with Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, Level 2 or above in Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one other subject in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination .
- The requirements for HKALE, IB, mature students, advanced standing and other non-local qualifications are comparable to other recognized post-secondary institutions and universities in Hong Kong.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Global Business Management is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF).
QF Level: 5 | QR Registration No.: 19/000679/L5 | Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2019 to 31/08/2021
Area of Study (QR)
|Primary Area of Study and Training:||A03 Business and Management|
|Sub-area (Primary Area of Study and Training):||A0305 General Business Management|