The BBA (Hons) in Professional Accountancy aims to prepare students to pursue accountancy as a profession. The Programme equips students with theoretical accounting knowledge and practical application skills. The curriculum encompasses a wide range of subject areas including financial reporting, management accounting, financial management, auditing, taxation, law, accounting information system and ethics. Our graduates receive the maximum number of exemptions from various professional examinations. Our teachers coach students in professional competitions, creating a unique learning experience and benefiting students in the long run. Graduates are open to ample opportunities to become professional accountants, business leaders and entrepreneurs. They are highly recognised by employers. Most of our graduates work in accounting firms and financial institutions, or join management trainee programmes, or pursue studies in graduate schools.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
- address professional and personal challenges through the application of inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary knowledge acquired;
- possess effective communication ability in a business environment, work as team players to integrate effectively the skills and knowledge developed, and manage independent lifelong learning;
- evaluate own contributions and responsibilities in becoming responsible employees, business leaders and business partners;
- possess broad horizons and be inquisitive about various global issues and developments such as politics, cultures, social sciences and technologies;
- have a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge in accountancy in the first two years of studies, on which to build further studies; and
- acquire a broader knowledge relating to advanced concepts in accountancy in the final two years and apply such knowledge to practical situations.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in Professional Accountancy is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF).
QF Level: 5 | QR Registration No.: 19/000681/L5 | Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2019 to 31/08/2026
Area of Study (QR)
|Primary Area of Study and Training:||A03 Business and Management|
|Sub-area (Primary Area of Study and Training):||A0301 Accounting, Finance and Investment|