The aim of this Programme is to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills for starting and managing new ventures and entrepreneurial organisations. It is designed as an excellent study pathway for people who wish to start and manage their own business, to undertake an entrepreneurial role in large organisations, small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and to support the development of start-ups in the dynamic business environment. The Programme will also provide a solid foundation for those who want to pursue research in the fields of business, management and entrepreneurship.
- A strong focus on experiential and authentic learning on how entrepreneurs and business executives make decisions in the broader context.
- A capstone module which may involve a company-based project, an extended business start-up plan, or an academic dissertation to fit individual career aspirations.
- Value-added learning activities with a pre-incubation programme, seed funding, start-up mentorship and various networking events.
Modes of Study
- Both full-time and part-time modes of study are available.
- Full-time students are expected to register 4 modules a semester and complete the programme in 1-year time.
- The study load of part-time students is half of the full-time study mode, that means students are taking 2 modules per semester and they can complete the programme in 2 years.
- Classes are usually scheduled on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Summer semester is usually reserved for the MSc Project.
- Earned a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent, and/or
- Achieved the score of any English language proficiency tests listed below or any other equivalent tests recognised by HSUHK if the applicant’s degree was not obtained from a university where English is the medium of instruction.
- TOEFL ≥ 550 (paper-based), ≥ 213 (computer-based), ≥ 79 (internet-based);
- IELTS ≥ 6.0; CET 6 ≥ 430; TEM-4 ≥ 70;
- Any other equivalent English proficiency tests recognised by the University.
To be eligible for the award of the Master of Science in Entrepreneurial Management, students must fulfil the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 30 credits as laid down in the programme curriculum; and
- Obtain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
|Primary Area of Study and Training:||A03 Business and Management|
|Sub-area (Primary Area of Study and Training):||A0305 General Business Management|